- Análisis e Instrumentación
- Limpieza, pulida y afilado
- Análisis Clínico y diagnósticos
- Curado y tratamiento de superficies
- Corte, soldadura y calentamiento
- Atmósferas controladas y modificadas
- Enfriamiento y congelación
- Inerting, purging, sparging
- Entretenimiento y hospitalidad
- Fundición y Calentamiento
- Procesamiento de plástico y cauchos
- Petrochemical Processing & Refining
- Farmacéuticos y biotecnología
- Procesos Químicos y refinación
- Water treatment
Curing is used to give a tyre its final shape and tread pattern. It involves the chemical cross-linking of rubber and vulcanising agents, resulting in an elastomer. In the past, steam was typically used to create the heat and pressure needed for curing. Steam has a number of disadvantages, however, including the high price of steam energy, handling difficulties, high maintenance effort, lack of flexibility in setting individual parameters, the need for additional protective antioxidants in some cases and the risk of quality impairment as a result of local overheating following condensation.
A New Approach
In order to overcome these disadvantages, we have developed a gas-based tyre curing concept that replaces steam with nitrogen as the pressure agent. This flexible and inert gas keeps the system pressure at the desired level. In addition, operators of nitrogen-operated tire presses can select the system pressure independently of the curing temperature. The elimination of steam means that the rubber can no longer overheat as a result of excessive steam and less steam can condense in subsequent stages of the curing process.
To ensure the optimum supply system, process parameters and safety precautions for your individual needs, our application engineers would be delighted to assist with in-house trials and efficiency optimisation advice.
Benefits at a Glance
Innovative solution offering maximum availability and reliability
Reduction of production and maintenance costs
Improved pressure stability and independent pressure setting
Cycle time savings of up to 18%
Up to 100 % extension of bladder lifetime
Improved quality for reduced scrap costs
High purity guaranteed.